Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:26:48 -0500
From:         Tim Demarest <tim.demarest@POBOX.COM>
Subject:      Re: Westy middle seat mounting question(s)
Comments: To: Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>

>mount tracks and then cut a strip of wood to lay in them >when seat is not in use, and recover with floor mat.

Actually, if you find someone parting out an '85 Westy, you may be able to get the factory metal covers that go over the tracks when the seat is not installed... this is a pair of three-piece fillers:

one fills the space between the sliding door and the seat. one to fill the space of a single middle seat (left out if the single seat is installed) one to fill the space between the single seat and the cabinets (I assume this is left out if the double seat is installed).

I don't know if these were provided in earlier years, but I know my '85 came with a set (though it didn't come with the single seat... I had to find one of those on eBay).

Tim