Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (March 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Mar 2005 07:01:14 -0800
From:         Shawn Wright <swright@ZUIKO.SLS.BC.CA>
Subject:      FS: Good running 2.1L WBX & other parts

Ok, it's official. I got my 5 speed and TD engine parts last week, so I am now starting on my TD engine swap for my '88.

Here are the items I will be selling off, currently still in the van and available for a test drive near Victoria, BC:

1. 2.1L WBX. A VW reman installed under warranty in '92, with 220k kms (138k miles) since then. Runs strong, never any leaks, run on synthetic since I've owned it, uses almost no oil, perhaps 1/4 qt between changes, averages 22-24 mpg imperial depending on load (usually loaded with gear). New water pump about 4 years/30k kms ago. I will include long block, intake, and all of the exhaust system, which is very rusty but has no holes, for $500 US, you pickup. If you're interested, please pmail me, as I will probably start pulling it within 2 weeks.

2. Rebuilt ACW 4 speed with brand new ring & pinion (4.86) installed about 20k kms ago, all new bearings & seals, run on synthetic GL-4 since. Have receipts for $1900CDN in rebuild work at Autospiel in Victoria. Offers on this one, as I don't know what a fair price is, but I don't want to give it away with nearly $2k invested. Could also include all shifter rods etc if wanted, as I will be going to a 5 speed.

3. Anything else you might need specifically for the 2.1L I will be selling off, ECU, MAF, fuel pump, wiring harness, injectors, etc. Contact me if you need something, but I must wait until engine is either sold or pulled before stripping other parts.

Thanks.Shawn Wright http://zuiko.sls.bc.ca/~swright '85 Jetta TD (retired) '85 Jetta D '88 Westy 2.1L '82 Diesel Westy