Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 6 Apr 2005 16:32:05 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: Hydraulic Valve adjustment - when is "contact"?
Comments: To: Damon Campbell <damoncampbellvw@YAHOO.COM>

If your lifters aren't clogged with crap / sludge / carbon then they'll extend fully and have approximately 3/16" of soft play at the fully extended position. You should be able to depress this soft area IF THE LIFTER ISN'T PUMPED UP. New lifters will feel this way. If your lifter is pumped up you will have a rock solid feel when the lifter is fully extended and you might only have 1/32 to 1/16 of soft area when fully extended. * Just a note here .............. I agree with Bobs .006 Feeler gauge setting but I found for my own purposes that 1 full turn after just making contact would work better for me for 175,000 miles on my Westy.*I full turn on the adjusting screw represents approximately .030 inch.

Stan Wilder Engine Ceramics 214-352-4931 www.engineceramics.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "Damon Campbell" <damoncampbellvw@YAHOO.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, April 06, 2005 3:51 PM Subject: Re: Hydraulic Valve adjustment - when is "contact"?