Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 7 Apr 2005 12:47:50 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Syncro de Mayo Este 2005
Comments: To: "Syncro (E-mail)" <Syncro@yahoogroups.com>,
          SyncroDoubleCabs@yahoogroups.com

Just a reminder for folks that Syncro de Mayo Este 2005, is coming up in a little over a month. 19-22 of May.

Folks coming up on Thursday or Friday (19th-20) can camp at my place. On Saturday night we'll be camping up on Meadow Knob in the George Washington National Forest.

The plan continues to be to gather folks up and get to Clines Hacking before noon (preferably no later than 11am), so that we can start on Second Mountain Trail. After that we'll go down Dictum Ridge Trail, and then finally head back to Meadow Knob for a well earned nights rest.

Directions to my place (unless you are coming from within WV):

Take I-81 to Harrisonburg, Virginia. US 33 exit.

Take US 33 west into downtown Harrisonburg. Take care around the courthouse as the road jigs around the courthouse (and this doesn't always show up on GPS maps).

Continue on US 33 west. After you enter the George Washington National Forest, the road straightens out for a bit (but they occasionally do put radar traps in there.) As you approach Shenandoah Mountain there will be signs for 25mph turns. Believe the signs.

Go up and over Shenandoah Mountain into WV. Continue onward to Brandywine. In Brandywine US 33 turns right.

Turn LEFT onto Sugar Grove Road. Follow Sugar Grove Road south about 11 miles to Sugar Grove. In Sugar Grove the main valley road turns left.

Go STRAIGHT onto Moyers Gap Road. (note you may notice a sign "TO US 220" pointing towards Moyers Gap Road.)

Follow Moyers Gap Road up and over the mountain to Moyers. In Moyers you'll see another "TO US 220" sign pointing to the right.

Go STRAIGHT onto Doe Hill Road. Follow this about 1/2 mile to Simmons Mountain Road.

Turn LEFT onto Simmons Mountain Road. Follow this about 1 3/4 miles to a black mailbox on the right, a gate on the left and a sign post. Ballyknock Drive.

Open the gate (please close it afterwards) and go up the driveway about 1 1/2 miles to the house (camping turn off was just a little below the house.

There are reports that a load of shale may be dropped on the trail leading to the camping house to fill in some ruts left by us (and some other trucks taking that trail). Don't know when that will happen.

Directions to Clines Hacking to follow later.