Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Apr 2005 11:02:59 -0800
Comments:     DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
From:         gary hradek <hradek@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: UPS is VERY  expensive

I do all my ground shipping with fedex. You can avoid any lines or paperwork by signing up for an online account. If you print out the labels on sticky fullsheet labels, you can just drop the items off at fedex and it gets billed to your credit card. Your credit card reference number for the bill is the same as the tracking number for the package. Pretty cool. gary Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 10:40:16 -0500 From: Brian Wasson <briwasson@VERIZON.NET> Subject: Re: UPS is VERY expensive

I just shipped a Paulchen Vanagon rack yesterday via FedEx Ground for around $30. UPS wanted $75 for the same box. I've shipped a number of bicycles in big boxes, and always use FedEx Ground. Never had a problem! Thankfully the local FedEx distribution center is not too far from my house, which makes shipping stuff easier.

I agree that FedEx has more liberal numbers for their dimensional weight calculations. With the box for the rack, an extra 2 inches on one side would have pushed it up to nearly the same price as UPS.

Brian Wasson

__________________________________ Yahoo! Messenger Show us what our next emoticon should look like. Join the fun. http://www.advision.webevents.yahoo.com/emoticontest