Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 1 Apr 2005 16:07:38 -0500
From:         Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Low Engine Temps

My tempature gauge needle had been south of the LED light by about 1 needle width for more than a year. This pheonomena had occured suddenly, and I accepted that my engine was operating correctly despite this(after much fretting).Recently, the coolant level sensor blew out of it's hole in the expansion tank.I replaced it with a sensor that I had kept for a spare. Lo and behold, this new- used sensor corrected the temmp gauge problem , and the needle is happily back where it belongs(right over the LED).Would you believe me if I told you that I knew this would happen and that I was only trying to get more miles out of the old sensor?That this repair was not the result of random trial and error,but of vast mechanical know how.Wish I could claim that. Closer examination of the old sensor showed cracks in the plastic where the plastic covers the metal sensor probes.Perhaps the cracks were allowing a "short circut",making for an incorrect reading somehow?!??$#@.Whatever, replacement of this sensor just hapened to correct this problem for me.Maybe it could help your situation.