Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 11 Apr 2005 21:07:45 -0400
From:         Todd Olson <todd.olson@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Buses By the Beach Web Site version 2.0 is launched!

Hello Fellow Volks Folks, The Volks at Buses By the Beach have just launched our new website version 2.0 for your enjoyment. The great news is the charge will be the same as our membership dues, FREE! Special thanks to Billy for making this happen. We would also like to thank everyone that has volunteered and contributed to make this group and our events so successful and fun. Unfortunately, there are too many people to mention in this email but you know who you are and we really appreciate your efforts. It really truly warms our hearts to see so many wonderful Bus People that are willing to give of themselves to help our organization grow and raise money for those whose lives have been impacted by a serious burn injury. We are so grateful that this organization has developed a communal atmosphere were we give of our unique individual talents and we do it for fun and not for the glory. For that reason we will never call ourselves a club, have officers, pay dues, have bylaws or discriminate against vehicle type. I love it when we just have fun and great things happen when a community of like minded individuals comes together.

Also special thanks to Lucas and Taylor of GoWesty for being our Gold Level sponsor this year and donating to Buses By the Beach/Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors. This is a wonderful example of a company that is doing what they do because of their love for the VW Bus Community and wanting to give back. If you have not already met these guys I would recommend checking them out at: http://gowesty.com/ They are the best in the business!

Check out our cool new Web Site at www.busesbythebeach.com <http://www.busesbythebeach.com/> If you have not already signed up for the forum please take a second to do so. This has turned into a great way to share information and ideas about camping in Volkswagens. This was developed because we had requests from you wanting to know how to communicate with other Buses By the Beach Members. So please use it and enjoy it! (It too is free) The web site has been updated with the latest information about the Spring Car Show and Campout held in Grand Rapids, MI on May 20-22nd 2005.

We are excited to announce that the "Herbie and Friends Cruise Across America" is going to be coming to our Car Show on Saturday. http://www.karmannghia.com/treffen.html The cruise is to celebrate the 50th year of the Karmann Ghia and the new Disney Movie "Herbie Fully Loaded." http://disney.go.com/disneypictures/herbie/ We thank Volkswagen of America and Disney for their sponsorship of this great event. We are expecting upwards of 100 or more Karmann Ghias and Disney is bringing the new Herbie car from the Movie. It is going to be a great time.

When you go to the web site please take a minute and print our some copies of the spring event flyer to hand out, hang up, and help spread the word! Everyone out there knows at least someone that would like to come to a great VW Gathering for a good cause. It is going to be the biggest and best event we have had. We can't wait to see everyone again! Wishing you many miles of smiles! The Volks Folks at Buses By the Beach