Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 18 Apr 2005 20:48:15 -0600
From:         Bob Stevens <mtbiker62@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Southern Utah weather inquiry
Comments: To: peter.lackner@VERIZON.NET

Peter, I was there just over a month ago. Beautiful weather ... 60's daytime, cool in the mid/high 30's nightime. Right now it's: http://msnbc.com/news/wea_front.asp?tab=oth&czstr=USUT0165&accid=USUT0165 ..supposed to be higher temps next week late, but you may run into some rain early in the week, but then up in high 70's by Wed. I'll be in San Rafael Swell beginning Thurs. 4/21 this week.

check this: http://www.weather.com/activities/other/other/weather/tenday.html? .... you be likin' most of your stay and trip. Take your Syncro down the Shafer Trail onto the White Rim for an overnighter. you'll be glad you did. You may have to reserve a campsite down there from Canyonlands at the entrance shack out on 313 (hiway going out to Dead Horse Point and Canyonlands Overlook). Or, if you can't camp down there just drive down Shafer, then back up. Take your digital camera, you'll be very glad you did and you'll love driving Shafer. Great pucker-power trip. You can camp in Arches and my enjoy waking up near Sunset Arch out at the campground. The hike out to Dark Angel has a hidden, small trail just before getting to DA. It goes off the trail to the left, down a fin onto the desert sandy floor. Along that sandstone wall you'll be facing, are petroglyphs you'll not want to miss.

This folder: http://groups.msn.com/BobsPhotoShare/moabampcanyonlands.msnw?albumlist=2 ... has some pix from that area.

You will not need parkas and gloves, but take some poly-pro pull overs (fleece) and you'll be fine in the PM's.

Hope this helps.............