Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 20 Apr 2005 20:26:38 -0700
Comments:     DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
From:         phil cain <bearsvw2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      BREW BUS Volkswagen Campout and Brewfest

Announcing the first annual BREW BUS Volkswagen Campout and Brewfest...

This gathering will be held at a campground in beautiful Rosman, North Carolina (near Brevard) called The Lazy J. It will be June 24th through the 26th... The grounds are located 1 mile from Hwy 64 North on Hwy. 215... (better directions to follow) This is a really nice campground that is very secluded..... There is a very nice section of the north fork of the French Broad River that runs right next to the camping areas.... There are water activities such as tubing/kayaking available both onsite as well as rentals from local outfitters so everyone can get wet on a hot day in a very clean river.....

There will be electricity for those who want it (it should be pretty warm that time of year) as well as a large open field that can fit quite a few buses right in between the river and the electric spots... Plenty of sites surrounding as well.

Primitive camping in the field will be very cheap (less than 10 dollars a night) and electric sites are full hook-up sites with water, they are $20 and you can have 4 people and 2 buses... If there are a few who speak up about wanting electric sites (5 or so) then I will look into a group rate for those sites..... The restrooms are VERY clean and there are hot showers in them.....

As this is a brewfest, we will have several styles of homebrew on tap... I really encourage any and all homebrewers to bring along some of their favorite brews to have and share.... To truly have a brewfest we need many varieties of brew as there are many different styles to choose from and to celebrate, as that is a brewfest...... We will be brewing up 10 to 20 gallons of a few types of beer ONSITE this weekend and will be conducting a brewhaus workshop to broaden the circle and get more folks into brewing.... Please join us... The beer that gets made on this weekend will be ready for consumption just in time for High Country Bus Festival 9 and all those involved (and more) will get to reap the rewards at that campout....

I would also like to call out to all that would like to bring a favorite salsa or dip that they like to make... You can never have too much tasty homemade snack food and it would be great to have a chip and dip/salsa table that showcased some of the creations of our talented Full Mooners out there, and then eat 'em... The snacks that is.

There will be activities planned and these plans will be made available very soon... Although there are plans in the works, I am always up for input, so if anyone has any ideas or suggestions for activities, please let me know... Im sure there will be group meals (other than dips) like breakfast burritos and I could use ideas on some type of dinner?? We are really looking forward to this and hope for a great turnout... The area is really stunning and the weather is usually very pretty that time of year, we hope to have this campout every year, so please come out and spend the weekend with us, the more the merrier... See you there..