Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 21 Apr 2005 12:54:57 -0700
From:         Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: Engine swap step by step.

Hmm. I see what you're thinking Stan, but I'm not so sure he meant he wanted to do a Subie conversion so much as he wanted to pull his VW engine and replace it with another VW engine left over from somebody else's Subie conversion.

At any rate, Jim- if you wanted to do a Subie conversion, start with Stan's info. If you wanted to swap stock engines, there's a blow-by-blow for each stock engine in section '10' in the Bentley (labeled 'Engine-Assembly', right in the front after the index and general info).

I'm sure there are lots of tips, tricks and elaborations in the archives to supplement the book:

http://gerry.vanagon.com/archives/vanagon.html

Good luck and keep us posted!

Cya, Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "Stan Wilder" <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, April 21, 2005 9:07 AM Subject: Re: Engine swap step by step.