Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 15 Apr 2005 19:16:31 -0400
From:         Dennis Haynes <dhaynes@OPTONLINE.NET>
Subject:      Re: squeaking-upper control arm bushings
Comments: To: Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>

The upper control arm bushings should be able to rotate, continuously. They do not need to be tightened with the arms in a normal driving position as do the lowers or the rears. If they can not rotate after the bolt is tightened, you got defective ones that will fail. I have seen 3 different types of these bearings over the years. So far, I have the best luck with the Meyle brand.

Dennis