Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:28:55 -0700
From:         Audin Malmin <amalmin@OKB-1.ORG>
Subject:      Re: Repairing Window Washer Reservoir Tank
Comments: To: dbeierl@attglobal.net

On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 02:59:23PM -0400, David Beierl wrote: > On 4/25/05, Audin Malmin <amalmin@okb-1.org> wrote: > I had everything working this last weekend, but while > > aiming the nozzles one of the hoses disconnected or broke behind the > > dashboard. > > Which hose? I have reached the passenger-side nozzle connection (with > difficulty and a few scrapes on my hand) by loosening the wiper motor. > Driver side -- can't remember if I ever succeeded -- maybe with a > Kelly clamp or summat? If you can release the nozzle clips from the > sheet metal you can connect the hose to the nozzle barb from outside. > BTW I can attest that nozzle clogs are a severe pain, keep your fluid > clean and/or put a filter in-line.

Hmm. Sadly it looks like hte problem is on the driver side. I was able to remove the passenger side nozzle as you suggested. Bending my arm in unhuman directions to release it from behind. then the hose popped off and I had to again reach in there and get the hose poked back out the hole. grr. Not happy with the design of the vanagon dashboard area. painful.

It looks like i might be able to get to the area in question by removing the instrument cluster. so i'll try that tonight. It isn't something I want to do on my lunch break. heh. the one problem i forsee is that the break fluid thing might be in the way.

-- Audin Malmin - audin@okb-1.org

I don't know that atheists should be considered as citizens, nor should they be considered patriots. -- George H. W. Bush