Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Apr 2005 11:43:23 -0600
From:         jimt <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: Diesel vs. Gas
Comments: To: Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>

Interesting thing on the news last night. Seems most of the US refineries are right at max output and some are actually pushing past safety limits to meet demand. No new refineries have been built since the 70s. The restrictions on where and how to build them has made it way to expensive to build a new one and takes to many years to do the paperwork. To build a new refinery they would need a crystal ball that sees ten years into the future and hundreds of millions to fight the green people and meet the current placement laws. Part of the Bush fuels rules proposed would open old Air Bases for development by refiners. This actually makes sense because a lot of these bases were also on the pipe lines. Jimt

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• jimt Planned insanity is best. Remember that sanity is optional. http://www.tactical-bus.info (tech info) http://www.westydriver.com