Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 28 Apr 2005 18:04:11 -0600
From:         jimt <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: Diesel vs. Gas
Comments: To: Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>

On 4/28/05 17:02, "Robert Fisher" <refisher@MCHSI.COM> wrote:

> Speaking of Big Money, this business of giving away these military bases is > just another BS handout to the corporate monsters. They've been trying to > characterize the bases as old broken-down eyesores when the reality is that > by their nature (infrastructure, location) and history they are often some > of the most valuable real estate in their areas.

Several bases, like the former Lowry in Denver/Aurora, are now high end housing after they reverted to the cities that bordered the bases. Anybody got half a million US for a house? They were of course required to put some public space stuff in so several local colleges share some campus space on the old base. Also a couple blocks of low rent subsidized are there as well. Part of the old base is also flood control zone so that will stay the same. A golf course that could disappear under 8 foot of water if another flood ever occurs.

Fitzsimmons Army Hospital center in Aurora is now the new Campus and hospital space for the CU Hospital and a major cancer center as well as the Childrens Hospital is moving out to there. A vets home is also being put in. these are all in new buildings and they still havent determined how to tear down the old hospital that is not recyclable. Rather large facility.

Another old base I was formerly on in nebraska (silver creek) was dynamited and cleared off and the land sold at a farm land auction. Fitting as to the north was corn, to the west was corn, to the south was milo and to the east was orville reddenbachers best. We had gleaning approval for after the harvest. Popcorn all year to watch movies with. •••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••• jimt Planned insanity is best.