Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 23 Apr 2005 09:37:49 -0400
From:         Ken Wilford <kenwilfy@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      87 Westy Weekender FS $3500 in NJ

I have a 87 Westy Weekender for sale. I recently bought it from the original owners. The van is very plain jane. Manual transmission, with no power steering and no A/C (never had either) with 150k miles. Also it is the weekender version of the Westy. That means it has a pop-top but no stove/sink combo like the full Westy. It does have a rear facing seat, a table that pops out of the wall, a small removable Dometic fridge that runs off of 110v or 12v. The other nice thing about it is that the rear seat is full width so you can seat a total of 6 people in this van (7 if you replaced the fridge with a rear facing seat- not included).

The mechanics of this van are in very good shape. The previous owners kept up with the brakes, exhaust system and even had a rebuilt engine installed about 50k miles ago (VW factory). The PO just took the van on a troublefree trip from NJ to Florida and back a few months ago. His wife died and this was her van so he just didn't need it anymore.

Cosmetically the van is nothing to write home about. It has typical wear you would associate with an almost 20 year old vehicle. Paint is faded, interior is intact but worn in spots. Pop top tent is intact but has several small holes in the passenger side (think swiss cheese). The passenger side nose was damaged in an accident a couple of years ago and the repair body work was not that great. However I have found very little rust on this van. The overall visual of the van from 20 feet away is good.

I am asking $3500 firm for this van. I think it would make someone a very good summer camper. If you are a minimalist that doesn't need all of the creature comforts of power options and doesn't need the stove/sink, but instead want more room, then this van is for you. The van is located in Millville, NJ 08332 and I would be glad to show it to anyone who wants to come and take a look. I also have pictures I can email to anyone who is interested.

Thanks, Ken Wilford John 3:16