Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (April 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 24 Apr 2005 05:48:49 EDT
From:         Frank Condelli <RAlanen@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Back from EveryBus
Comments: To: vanagon@egroups.com, limbolist@egroups.com,
          The_Bug_Pack@yahoogroups.com, ev_update@yahoogroups.com

I'm back ! Rita and I got in here Friday afternoon from our sojourn to EveryBus. Good time was had by all and the Canadian contingency was overwhelming. No Ben however. Everyone was asking "Where's Ben ? " Benny Boy where were you ? Lots of buses of all ages and good deals on parts. I brought back way too much stuff and Rita was complaining of the odour and space loss but that's how she goes ! We headed over to Aseteaque Island for a few days of watching the surf roll in, wild ponies roam and relaxing before heading for home. So that's the reason for the late arrival. A few minor problem as usual, a flat tire on the way down in Harrisonburg, VA. Seems we ran over some sharp object and found the tire flat in the parking lot after visiting the local Crutchfields with our travelling partner, Gerry, who went there to get a Sirius radio. Gerry's 12 volt air compressor and the local Wal-Mart solved the problem. Then when starting up to leave Hagen-Stone Park Sunday around noon I notice a gas smell, look under the bus and see gas dripping in the vicinity of the fuel pump. Turns out a hole in the body of the pump was to blame. After a quick tour of the few campers left, no fuel pumps were to be found. A quick Mcguiver moment, as Karl watched, with a hose clamp and a piece of plastic cut from an oil bottle solved the problem. Karl, there was no more leaking and the patch is still holding, yahoo ! Anyone that's been trying to get in touch with me I'm back here now trying to answer all the e-mail and phone messages. If I don't get to you, get back to me please. Anyone with a Yahoo account, Malcolm Stebbins in particular, I cannot e-mail you. AOL and Yahoo are having some kind of disagreement and AOL is not allowing mail to Yahoo accounts. Malcolm, I will try to phone you on Monday. Now back to the Vanagon wars !

Cheers,

Frank Condelli Almonte, Ontario, Canada _BusFusion_ (http://members.aol.com/BusFusion/bfhome.htm) a VW Camper camping event, Almonte, ON, June 09 ~ 12, 2005 '87 Westy, '90 Carat & Lionel Trains Member: _Vanagon List_ (http://www.vanagon.com/) , _LiMBO_ (http://www.bcn.net/~limbo/) , _IWCCC_ (http://www.westfalia.qc.ca/) & _CCVWC_ (http://www.ccvwc.ca/) Vanagon/Vanagon Westfalia Service in the Ottawa Valley _STEBRO/Vanagon Stainless Steel Mufflers_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/stebro.htm) _Frank Condelli & Associates_ (http://members.aol.com/Fkc43/busindex.html) or http://frankcondelli.com