Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 May 2005 19:07:44 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: stupid refig. question-newbie on the frig

Hey, I didn't say that this was the ONLY thing that holding in the button will do, but if you don't have air flow through the flue, then your flame isn't going to stay lit and it won't allow your fridge to cool. The ammonia lines are next to the flue and get heated up (increasing the pressure) by the flame (or heating coils of the AC or DC circuits) the ammonia coils then go over to the finned section (where the heat is removed but leaving the pressure), then the ammonia passes into the inside of your fridge. At the evaporator (connected to the aluminum fins on the inside of your fridge), the ammonia is boiled off (by low pressure), which cools the fins down...and hence cools your refridgerator. The ammonia then passes outside to the flue again, where the process is repeated.