Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 4 May 2005 22:58:08 -0400
From:         Derek Drew <derekdrew@RCN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Derek's Advice Requested
Comments: To: SyncroHead@aol.com
Comments: cc: Syncro@yahoogroups.com

That's funny.

We could also go in the personal direction instead of technical!....

How about adding these fields....

[ ] check here if you feel your personal relationship with a significant other was put under severe stress because of your bonding to the van [ ] check here if you feel that your van actually was part of the cause why you broke up or got divorced form someone [ ] estimate here the estimated annual dollar value you feel you have forfeited in earnings because you devoted time and energy to the van instead of to your job. Estimate this figure for the the last 20 years and put the dollar amount in this space _______________ for the worst of those 20 years, but do not include any losses from adjacent years.

[ ] check here if you have ever thought, "This is *crazy* for me to be so obsessed with this!"

[ ] check here if you have ever thought,

[ ] I can't believe I am actually taking the transmission out (instead of hiring someone else to do it) [ ] I can't believe I am actually taking the exhaust off [ ] I can't believe I am actually ____________________ fill in the blank [ ] I can't believe these people on the Internet actually work on their cars themselves, and then five years later, you noticed you were doing everything that they were doing.

[ ] check here if your father (or father figure in your life) or family ever had a vw van before you got yours

[ ] check here if your dad has had to endure you storing vehicles or parts at his house or on his property

[ ] check here if you installed a map pocket on the front right door and installed it in such a way that you could not open the glovebox when the door was closed and you had to remove it and reinstall it a little further back.

[ ] check here if you ever ran out of gas and then discovered that your car would not run (because the fuel pump had been destroyed)

[ ] check here if you definitely plan to drive your van until you lose your drivers license because of old age

[ ] check here if you have ever dreamed that you would leave your van to your son if you do so, or after you die, so that he can keep driving it.

and so on....

At 02:35 PM 5/4/2005, you wrote: >In a message dated 5/4/2005 6:44:22 AM Pacific Standard Time, >derekdrew@rcn.com writes: >This sounds like super fun. > >In fact, it would be a ton of fun for me to spend maybe 5 hours thinking >of the fields and the way they interrelate. > >Thanks! I appreciate your input. > >I'm almost afraid to see what you'd come up with if you had more than a >few minutes! > >Regards, >Jim

_______________________________________________ Derek Drew CEO & Co-Founder ConsumerSearch, Inc. New York, NY & Washington DC derekdrew@rcn.com 202-966-7907 (cell) 703-408-1532

http://www.ConsumerSearch.com/ Time Magazine, June 19, 2003 "50 Best Websites"