Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 May 2005 11:27:56 -0600
From:         jimt <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: Parts quality question

The comment that they are all the same is true in many instances. But unless you physically research it out you will be unable to determine in all cases. One instance would be the little white cube fuel filter. Almost all are out of Israel regardless of the brand name on the box. Bearings could have many brand names but several are actually the same company. CR and SKS come to mind on that and SKS has several other brand names as well. A lot of time I go by what the experienced long time shops are using. The donšt like "come backs" sitting in their bays eating up time and money. Also they will see side by side many items and note the identical ones real quick. jimt