Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 May 2005 15:48:56 -0400
From:         Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Light ladder
Comments: To: Rocket J Squirrel <j.michael.elliott@adelphia.net>

Check out Gary Lee's website for a nice portable ladder for the outside:

http://www.telusplanet.net/public/gary2a/rack/sladder/sladder.htm

BTW, I'm 5'8" and I've found all kinds of ways to just climb on the vehicle for access where I need it. You can stand on top of your tires, or with the front doors open the luggage rack is easily accessed, if I need to get to the front I stand on top of the bullbar of my Volks Cafe big bumpers.

Chris

On 5/11/05, Rocket J Squirrel <j.michael.elliott@adelphia.net> wrote: > My lovely wife and are are both short. I'm 5' 6'' and she is 5' 2''. > Snicker and point if you wish, but the two of us fit very cozily into > the lower bunk. What we can't do comfortably is reach the built-in > luggage rack on the roof, or get up into the upper bunk without > clambering all over the counter. > > We could use some kind of very lightweight leanable collapsible or > otherwise easily-stowed ladder. Hangable from the upper bunk like on a > bunk bed; and leanable against the outside so a short guy could fuss > around with luggage without needing to hold on for dear life like I have > to do when I stand on a seat. > > Anything like that out there? > > -- > > Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott > 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus > 83.5 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") > KG6RCR >