Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 11 May 2005 17:35:57 -0400
From:         Christopher Gronski <gronski@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Trailer hitch on 83.5 Westy front?
Comments: To: j.michael.elliott@ADELPHIA.NET

My Volks Cafe big bumpers have a receiver hitch built into both the front and rear. Alternatively if you want to mount it on the rear and still have access to the hatch, there are several types of bike racks that will move out of the way fully loaded to allow you to open the hatch.

Chris

On 5/11/05, jimt <camper@tactical-bus.info> wrote: > I have seen a syncro with a receiver of the type normally attached to some > truck rear bumpers welded and bolted to the front bumper. You local flaps > has these. They are designed to bolt up to holes that are already in the > trucks bumpers but easily adapted with a good welder. > > Here is the style I am talking about in a cabellas catalog > Please note that the weights mentioned of course do not apply to a vanagon. > http://www.cabelas.com/products/Cpod0006593.jsp > jimt > > On 5/11/05 12:50 PM, "Rocket J Squirrel" <j.michael.elliott@ADELPHIA.NET> > wrote: > > > Not for hauling (or pushing) a trailer, but to mount a bicycle rack. I'd > > like to carry the bikes on the front so the rear hatch can be opened > > with less muss and fuss. I've seen bike racks that plug into a hitch > > receiver, but can a receiver be mounted on the front while not > > interfering with the spare tire? > > > > -- > > Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott > > 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus > > 83.5 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") > > KG6RCR > > > > >