Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 13 May 2005 02:05:55 -0700
From:         Robert Fisher <refisher@MCHSI.COM>
Subject:      Re: AC Service Prior to Pressure

I should've mentioned that a Bentley rep told me that 'later editions' had a corrected diagram- but he didn't tell me which editions. Basically if you're going to service your own A/C it goes like this: The high pressure line goes from the front (in relationship to the van) of the compressor toward the front of the van to the condenser- it returns through the dryer to the expansion valve. The low pressure line is a short piece that runs between the expansion valve and the compressor thru the driver's side rear pillar. One of these appears fatter than the other, tho for the life of me I can't remember which, and since it's two in the morning I'm not going out to look. Maybe someone else can clear that up. Later models ('86 on?) do have a low pressure switch.

Cya, Robert

----- Original Message ----- From: "Robert Fisher" <refisher@MCHSI.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 3:47 PM Subject: Re: AC Service Prior to Pressure