Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 14 May 2005 17:16:36 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Solved &^%(^&%&^%$b wrist pin clips!
Comments: To: Paul Guzyk <paullist@GUZYK.COM>

Thanks to all who answered. I neglected to say this is a diesel engine, and the clips have no holes, just very strong wire. Shawn suggested going at it with a couple of awls, that worked. I didn't know the waterboxer was different from the diesel in that respect.

As far as everyone's suggestions about driving out the wrist pin, if you haven't tried sticking them into a pot of boiling water for a minute and turning the wrist pins perpendicular to the floor and watching them fall out from their own weight, you haven't found the ultimate extractor. Unless of course the pistons are still in the car. Or you haven't figure out how to get the clips out...

Thanks,

Jim