Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 May 2005 14:02:29 -0700
From:         John Bange <jbange@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Post chrome strip rubber cleaning Q
Comments: To: Michael Elliott <j.michael.elliott@adelphia.net>

I tried both teflon gel lubricant and Vaseline on mine, which was doing the same thing. I rubbed in a coat of the teflon stuff on half, and Vaseline on the other. When I wiped the excess off, it took the layer of decomposed rubber mixed with crud and left nothing but soft, glowing rubber. It stays sticky and collects dust for a couple weeks while the stuff soaks in, but after that it seems to settle down and act like normal rubber. I didn't notice much difference between the teflon gel and the Vaseline, other than that the Vaseline has a distinct petroleum smell while the teflon stuff smells like nothing. Vaseline is significantly cheaper and easier to find, though.