Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 16 May 2005 22:37:49 -0400
From:         Todd Olson <todd.olson@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Five more days to Buses By the Beach!

Hello Fellow Volks Folks! Only Five more days until Buses By the Beach in Grand Rapids, MI. It looks like the weather is going to be perfect with blue skies and upper 60’s to low 70’s. The reservations are flying in and this is going to be a huge year. We seem to have around 95% of the campers come back every year and we already have over 20 first time reservations and that number is quickly climbing. So this is going to be a huge turn out. If you are going to come this weekend please call Tom at 1-616-361-1053 to make a reservation so we can plan space for everyone. For more info go to www.busesbythebeach.com <http://www.busesbythebeach.com/> and go to the events section. For those that are coming plan on meals on Friday night, Saturday morning and Sunday. We are providing food Saturday lunch and dinner. Saturday at the car show, Juke Box Joe’s donated 400 box lunches to give to the Volks at Buses By the Beach, The Karmann Ghia Cruise Volks and Burn Survivors at the car show. Saturday night we are going to have a chili cook off. No need to bring anything. Many families have volunteered to bring plenty for everyone. If you would really like to contribute feel free to bring a desert or a side. But please do not feel like you have to. Helpful tips for those coming this weekend: 1. Directions: Highway 131 northbound out of Grand Rapids to exit 91 West River Drive. Take a left turn at light so you are heading East on West River Drive. Proceed until you see sign for Grand Rogue Campground on right hand side right after the golf course. If you get to a major four lane intersection and stop and go light at East Beltline/Northland Drive then you have gone about a ½ mile to far. 2. 2:00 pm check in time on Friday. 3. Alcohol is permitted, Obnoxious drunks are not. Let’s have a good time but please be responsible. 4. Pets are welcome. Please have a leash and baggies for poo. 5. No hook ups. There will be very limited electricity available. If you have to have electricity it may be useful to bring a long extension cord. 6. Park where ever it makes you happy within our designated camping area. Try to avoid wet or soggy spots. We should be fine because everything has been dry but we want to respect the campground so we will be invited back again. 7. Please bring an instrument play. Don’t worry about your ability level. We are not concerned about sounding good, just feeling good! 8. Quiet hour is at 10:30pm. Let’s be respectful of other campers in the campground. 9. Please do not bring firewood unless it is from local sources (Grand Rapids area). We do not want to contribute to the spreading the Emerald Ash Bore. 10. Kids are welcome. Grand Rogue Campground is a very kid friendly campground so feel free to bring bikes or toys for them to play with. We will be located right next to a playground. 11. AJ’s Family Fun Center is a few miles away. They have go-carts, mini-golf, large video arcade, and other games to keep the family entertained. More info at http://www.ajsfamilyfun.com/ 12. There are grocery stores, restaurants and many other retail shops close to the campground in case you need supplies. 13. If you have any difficulties on the journey in please feel free to call us on Todd’s cell phone at (616) 443-6475. We are looking forward to seeing all of our Friends again and also looking forward to meeting new ones. We wish you many miles of smiles as you travel in. Your Fellow Volks Folks at Buses By the Beach.