Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 15 May 2005 10:29:59 -0700
From:         Sharon Mendonca <bobonsharo@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Favorite Vanagon Features

I agree with Barb Cotton's response. It DOES make you slow down and enjoy the sights - especially while you're making uphill climbs!! After more than 35 years of owning these things, we're back into them more than ever. We own our first Westy ever and are truly enjoying it. While everyone is flying by us on the freeways, etc., we're taking our time and enjoying the sights. We've asked ourselves many, many times over these many years why we keep driving these things, but we truly enjoy them for what they are and what they give us in return. I truly love driving them. We have a few other cars and a motorhome at the present time, but when it comes to long trips, the Westy is the one we choose. We even camped in the parking lot at USC a couple of months ago when our daughter was in the hospital. Our friends don't understand WHY we love these vehicles (they own big pricy SUV's, etc.) and even our kids don't understand, but what can I say. We're crazy, I know. We're getting ready for a trip to Seattle next month and, yep, you guessed it - the Westy again. My husband said "why don't we take the train" and I said "what, and miss all that neat camping on the way to and from". No thanks. Westy it is. We use our regular Vanagon as a "hauler" for various items that we seem to buy - lumber, landscaping stuff, etc., as well as using for hauling people around town when they visit. Also, in over 35 years, we've only owned 4 of these!!

Sharon & Bob Mendonca 88 Vanagon GL 88 Westy