Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 May 2005 10:04:14 -0700
From:         Old Volks Home <oldvolkshome@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: [VB] Fwd: Calling all VW drivers!!!
Comments: To: Steve Harris <swharris@adelphia.net>
Comments: cc: Wet Westies List <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          VintageBus list <vintagebus@type2.com>,
          Vanagon Yahoo List <Vanagon@yahoogroups.com>,
          Vanagon Full Timers List <VWVANFULLTIMERS@yahoogroups.com>,
          Type 2 List <type2@type2.com>,
          SouthWesties List <southwesties@fdntech.com>

On 5/18/05, Steve Harris <swharris@adelphia.net> wrote: > I'm reading this late so I guess I should be glad I missed it. Why would > ANYONE support VWOA in their effort to exploit the vintage community? They > have consistently persecuted the online VW enthusiast community and continue > to not support ANY effort to keep the hobby alive and healthy like other > manufactures do. <expletive abbreviation deleted> them and the evil empire(Disney). I hope NO ONE went!! **************************** While Scott and I do share a close facsimile of Steve's opinion above, Scott did not solicit either VoA or Disney. Both offered support and money for the 50th Anniversary of the Karmann Ghia Introduction Cruise (the original title for the on-going event) on their own and it mushroomed into a much larger event tie-ing into VoA's 50th as well as the plug for the new Disney Herbie-Fully Loaded movie. Much of the on-going cruise and it's activities wouldn't be happening without their support, so it's basically take their $$ and run with it. Rachel w/her Single Cab Pickup is in her way repping the Vintage Bus "volks", along with other "volks" with their rides are coming in from other points to participate in short (or long durations).

For those who are interested (or are not interested - you can hit the delete key anytime), I'm passing on the latest "short" intinerary provided by Richard Troy of the KGCNA. All within reasonable driving range are invited to participate, regardless of your valid (or invalid) opinions:

Here's the raw data on our next few days of meeting points where the press has been invited to attend. ALL of you are welcome! Please come join us and also please share with other KG friends and VW enthusiasts...

Notes:

1) Contact numers are not repeated if their number has already been provided in this list.

2) The number after the address is the event's zip code

3) ALL TIMES ARE LOCAL, and ALL TIMES ARE APROXIMATE!

May 18, Tulsa OK, 5:15 PM - 6:45 PM Brad Noe Autoplex, 4240 S. Memorial Drive, 74145, Niki Perry, 405-848-7491, Radio promotion May 18, Tulsa, 7:15 - 8:15 PM, Dickenson Starworld 20 Theater, 10301 S. Memorial Drive, 74133, Niki Perry,

May 19, O'Fallon, IL, 4:30 PM - 6:30PM Auffenberg VW, 1708 New Car Drive, 62269, Chip Shaffer, 616-567-5315, radio promo May 19, St. Louis, MO, 7PM - 8:15 PM, St Louis Gateway Arch, 63102, Mark Schulte, 314-849-2323

May 20, Chicago, 7AM - 9AM, WGN-TV, 2501 Bradley, 60618, Morgan Harris, 312-274-2337 May 20, Chicago, 10:15AM - 10:45AM, Billy Goat's, 430 N. Michigan, 60611, Morgan Harris, staged photo op May 20, Chicago, 11AM - 11:30 AM, Museum Campus (Shedd, Field, Adler), 1200 S. Lake Shore Drive, 60601, Morgan Harris, staged photo-op May 20, Chicago, 1PM - 3PM, Chicago Children's Museum at Navy Pier, 600 E. Grand Ave, 60611, Morgan Harris

May 21, Comstock Park, MI, 12 noon - 1:15 PM, 5/3 Ballpark, 4500 West River Drive, 49321, Jim Compton, 616-459-1662 - 9th Anndual Burn Survivors Car Show May 21, Ypsilanti, MI, 5PM - Automotive Heritage Museum, 100 E. Cross Street, 48198, Ed Karmann, 231-548-2244

May 22, Ypsilanti, 7AM - 6PM, Vintage VW festival, , Ed Karmann

More when possible...

We would all really love to see as many of our K.G. and VW friends as possible and we would like to ask you to please help us reach out to those we may have (probably have) overlooked to contact about our Cruise.

We know there are many VW clubs en-route. Please take a fresh look at our Cruise route ( http://www.airheadparts.com/index.asp?PageAction=Custom&ID=1 ) and think of the clubs whose teritory we'll be entering. We would appreciate it if you can please then contact them and tell them about the Karmann Ghia 50th Anniversary Cruise, and that Herbie is with us, too. -- Jim Thompson 84 Westfalia 2.1 "Ole Putt" oldvolkshome@gmail.com http://www.oldvolkshome.com