Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 May 2005 09:49:49 -0600
From:         jimt <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: Don't Support the Saudi's???
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

Pure bull!!! compare your numbers to the DOE release. As for how much of our oil is Saudi? That depends on what big carrier (boat) is heading in what direction. Saudi could shut us down and we would be hurting for sure probably within about 90 days. But it would be from oil pricing not from lack of oil. Saudi oil would just go other directions and we would be paying higher prices to get South American or African oil.

Note that it is 2002 numbers.

<http://www.eia.doe.gov/pub/oil_gas/petroleum/data_publications/company_leve l_imports/current/summary2002.html>

Note that citgo which is owned by south american oil interests still gets 10 percent from the gulf. Note that the numbers are for the gulf.. Persian Gulf includes Bahrain, Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and United Arab Emirates.

Jimt