Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 17 May 2005 11:52:25 -0700
From:         Don Williams <williams@FIRE.BIOL.WWU.EDU>
Subject:      religious affiliation

It would be interesting to know this man's religious affiliation, don't you think??? And whether or not they prayed over the vehicle???

Last week, I drove over 300 miles one way to have Ken look at my van in=20 preparation for a 12,000+ mile trip to the Pacific Northwest and British=20 Columbia that my wife and I are about to take. What a great experience! Ken= =20 and his mechanic Rob couldn't have been better. They answered every one of= =20 my questions and taught me so much about the van and how to do things I was= =20 afraid to tackle. The charges were very fair----Ken charges his mail order= =20 price for parts and a normal labor charge. I had previously spoken to Ken= =20 and explained that I wanted a thorough checkup and among other things,=20 wanted him to change every hose that was even remotely suspect. Ken made=20 certain he had on hand every water hose for the van and could have changed= =20 every one had he wanted and I would have never complained. To his credit, h= e=20 didn't change one of them since he felt they were all in great shape.=20 However, he and Rob did a lot of work and corrected a lot of hose, ball=20 joint, boot issues, and misc. work that needed attention.=20 He has a young lady who takes care of phone orders and online orders, but= =20 Ken periodically would talk to someone who needed a mechanics advice before= =20 ordering parts. What a great service!=20 Ken is a great resource person for the list and a fine mechanic. I wish he= =20 would consider moving his business to Harrisonburg, VA so he could be my=20 regular mechanic. Why would I drive that far to have someone work on my van? Well, the local= =20 (45 minutes away) mechanic who normally looks after my van hurt himself and= =20 hasn't worked since November so I had no local mechanic I trusted. Two week= s=20 ago, I took the the van to a mechanic (120 miles south of me) who supposedl= y=20 specializes in VW's. It was not a good experience----he didn't do all the= =20 work I requested, he charged me for at least one part that he didn't change= ,=20 and didn't have parts he said he had. I was so disgusted that I added a=20 comment to Larry Chase's VW Repair Shop List and decided I needed to see=20 someone I could trust. Ken Wilford was that person. Thanks Ken!!!! Harold ------=20 Harold Teer Harrisonburg, VA=20 1991 Westy