Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 May 2005 11:04:03 -0400
From:         Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>
Subject:      Re: Replacement Canvas for Vanagon
Comments: To: Skip Emmert <skip@SKIPEMMERT.COM>

When I bought a replacement canvas (I got mine from GoWesty as I could get it there in other than gray or tan), instructions came with the canvas.

Depending on model year, the canvas is either held in place with aluminum strips and screws, or staples and aluminum strips and screws.

I was fortunate that I have a late model Westy, so mine was all aluminum strips with screws. I did the replacement (with the poptop ON the vehicle) over a weekend. Not difficult, except right at the front corners (a small wood block is there). Even that wasn't terrible, I was just being very careful.