Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 May 2005 12:12:50 -0500
From:         Michael Knight <vwdormer@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Oil Pressure Buzzer? After Tach Wiring.
Comments: To: Oxroad@AOL.COM

>From: Jeff Oxroad

>I got the blue flexible circuit board from, I think an 85 Vanagon, maybe >an >84, with a tach and attached to the "newer" tach and cluster pod.

>I also used my original speedo from the 83. And now that I think of it that >83 speedo kept any current from getting to the oil pressure idiot light if >I >used any curicut board from a 2.0 L vanagon. The 83 speedo does not have a >buzzer system at all.

>So the way the later model (2.0L) curcuit board was routing the current, it >wanted to access the L shaped circuit board with the buzzer in the speedo >first, then send power to the idoit light through the L shaped board. But >with no >L shaped circuit board in the speedo the current just ender there and no >power got to the light.

>So again I got the blue flexible curcuit board from an 84 or 85, which >both >had the 1.9L and I believe had the tachometer as an option. So there was >the >"optional" curcuit board available which was wired to give the tach power >and >get power to the oil pressure light as well. This board had no provisions >for the buzzer because at that time it wasn't installed on the Vanagon.

So if I am reading this correctly the L shaped circuit is in the speedo.

I have an 87 housing and cluster, including the flexible circuit. I have the speedo that originally came from my 85.

If I swap the speedo from the 87 cluster with the 85 this would cure my buzzer headache?

Michael Knight '77 Westy Deluxe, "el Verde" '85 Vanagon GL, nameless http://photos.yahoo.com/electrictrain@sbcglobal.net