Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 18 May 2005 23:19:40 -0700
From:         Rocket J Squirrel <j.michael.elliott@ADELPHIA.NET>
Subject:      Re: stainless truss head screws for poptop

Truss head is the correct head style for poptop and luggage rack. A carriage head has a similar large diameter shallow profile as a truss head, but the shank of the bolt directly behind it is square. This won't fit into the round holes on the luggage rack. Gowesty's bolts are truss heads, incorrectly labeled.

If you want to see a carriage head bolt, remove one of the bolts holding a skylight hinge to the top -- those are carriage heads and the holes in the hinges are square.

Good job finding the metric stainless truss head bolts on fastenal! I tried and gave up. M6 x 1 is the correct diameter and pitch.

--

Mike "Rocket J Squirrel" Elliott 71 Type 2: the Wonderbus 83.5 Westfalia: Mellow Yellow ("The Electrical Banana") KG6RCR