Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 19 May 2005 17:32:04 -0400
From:         Greg Potts <Greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      Vanagon List's Top 10 Camping Sites
Comments: To: Karl Wolz <wolzphoto@WORLDNET.ATT.NET>

Great Idea Karl!

Here are my personal Favorites, Letterman style.

10. Valens Conservation Area. Great facilities, well kept grounds and the home of the True Canadian Winter Bus Campout. 9. Algonquin Provincial Park, Ontario. It's huge and (mostly) unspoiled. 8. The Pinery Provincial Park, near Grand Bend Ontario. Great scenery, good facilities and staff. 7. Heber Down Conservation Area, Brooklin, Ontario. Not for the facilities, but because it's the site of Buses Of The Corn. August 5-7th, BTW. 6. Harper's Ferry KOA in West Virginia. Home of "John Brown's Buses" in October. 5. Rustic Knoll Campground, Near Mt. Vernon OH. Great facilities, and the home of the "Dixie Bus Gathering". 4. Johnston's Canyon, near Banff AB. I haven't been there in 25 years, but it was terrific in 1980. 3. Hagan Stone Park, Pleasant Garden NC. Home of "EveryBus" since 1999. 2. Haliburton Scout Reserve. Near Haliburton Ontario. Owned by the Toronto Region Scout Group, it's members only. 1. Killbear Provincial Park, Parry Sound Ontario.

Happy trails,

Greg Potts Toronto, Ontario, Canada

1973/74/79 Westfakia Conversion **Bob the Tomato** LY3H 1977 Sunroof Automatic L63H/L90D 1988 Vanagon GL 8-passenger Automatic http://www.pottsfamily.ca/westfakia http://www.busesofthecorn.com