Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 23 May 2005 15:36:37 -0700
From:         Markus Mumper <mumper@USA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Joy Hecht's problem's solved?

Clip

"Out of three times I put out fires along the highway or freeway nobody even bothered to say thanks."

Clip

I once was at a gas station about 15 miles outside of Coalinga, CA (and Coalinga is many miles from anywhere else),when I observed an RV pulling off the I5 Interstate and into the station in some hurry.

Several people piled out from inside the RV as it was stopping and smoke was wafting around the thing. The mom was yelling at the kids to get away because the thing was on fire. The driver lifted the engine compartment lid up from inside the vehicle and smoke billowed up into the RV.

I got my trusty extinguisher, ran up to the smoking RV and put out the flames with a few well aimed blasts.

I was about to look closer to see what had really been burning but then the driver complained to me that I got fire extinguisher powder all over his engine and some had wafted into his living space. I felt like giving him a shot or two from what was left in the extinguisher.

Never got a thank you either.

Markus in Pismo Beach with The Girl ('87 Westy)