Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 May 2005 06:44:59 -0700
From:         Matt Barclay <mbarclay@OPENFBO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Did I buy the Right Vehicle? Am I hearing all the bad.

And get yourself a AAA or CAA membership. You have to pay for the RV Plus membership to cover your camper, but its well worth the piece of mind. Actually, with the cheap insurance policies they sold me on my house and cars, the membership paid for itself.

As far as mechanical work goes, the do it yourself aspect is one of the greatest qualities of the Vanagon. The systems are simple enough that you can reason your way through most problems, and you don't have to plug your car into a computer to figure out what's wrong. Its been an awesome learning experience, and if it isn't your primary car, who cares if it has to sit in the driveway for a weekend or two while reading the bentley and the mailing list for the info and tips you need.

Good Luck!

Matt