Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 24 May 2005 13:22:57 -0700
Comments:     DomainKeys? See http://antispam.yahoo.com/domainkeys
From:         roger sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      auto stop valve repair

Hello, I have found out that repair kits are avaliable for the auto stop valve.Cant cost much, or include many parts ,as there are about 3 parts to the valve in the first place. It includes o-rings and lubricant and maybe a warning sticker or two.Hope you never have your valve get stuck open when filling.If it does, dont ditch the valve , but fix it(much to the dismay to the propane propriater).The company that manufactures them is called Manchester Tank .They are in Brentwood Tenn.1-800-640-6327. I called them and found out that they have the kit for the auto stop valve #530. This is the brass valve. If your valve is aluminium, you have the auto stop valve #430.Dont know if they have a kit for this valve, but the lady who answered the phone said that they dont recomend fixing the aluminum valve.The part number for the kit is # V 20128.They do not retail these kits, and say that I must go to a chain type LP retailer ,or RV shop and have them order for me. I dont know if this is common knowlege or not,.Just thought I would post it as tank filling season is upon us.I could not find "auto stop" listed in the archives.