Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 26 May 2005 01:37:34 -0400
From:         Benny boy <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>
Subject:      Re: Fridge....should it stay on...

Gentlemen's.... first, thanks for all you're comments. This customer of mine told me that he drove is old 84 (we are now talking about an 91 syncro)with the fridge on propane...so, it is possible. i have, lately pull out more fridge then tou can imagine.... so, in my humble opinion, this fridge principle is hunted!!! he he he, some works fine and some don't..why...am not god so i don't know!!!

in my world, i would say that it is quite possible that a burner can go off when subjected to heavy side wind or whatever... but hey, i don't know!!!

This particular fridge was cleaned, and put back together by the book, the vent is ok and was put together the way it should be...

So...what is so different about those who can drive with propane ON and those who can't... wear, gasket leak, bad propane pressure, bad pilote?????

Another thing, propane as NO relation with 12v or 120v operation, there is no physical reason that the fridge as to be primed with 12V or 120V..those a separate mode, and they have nothing in common!!! all the fridge i cleaned do start from warm mode on propane, no need for a 120V primming!!!

Still, i don't understand what you guys mean about positive/negative airflow from the vent!!!! wind is wind, and i think it can blow the pilot OFF!!! but still, why some fridge CAN still work on those high wind condition???? Anyway, those vent are 15/20 years old, and in average, are in poor working condition!!! what is that isolating plate is doing??? that is my question!!!!

as for me...i don't see the point of driving with the propane ON when you have a 12V mode?????????????????????

Regards, Ben http://www.benplace.com/vw2.htm