Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 22 May 2005 15:59:24 -0700
From:         Jere Hawn <jghawn@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Moving with a Vanagon, cross-country
Comments: To: Oxroad@aol.com

Jeff

What surprises me the most is in this world is that people pass judgment to the world over another's action with only an iota of data. Then profess the other's action to the world as being contrary to social norms. Statistically speaking there is less than a 25% chance that this outcome is correct. Back to my original amazement, that a person would speak of another with less that a 25% chance of being correct.

In terms of my responsibility you hit it on the head, "my responsibility." Through the middle ages the church assumed responsibility for everyone's action and the outcome was less than acceptable. Asking me to repent? I think not. I do not put my standard on my fellow man and I do not accept them on me. With 30 years of driving experience and no accidents off the race track (4 years of professional racing) and having years of experience in foreign countries ranging from Autobahn trips above 160 mph to the back roads of the far east and Asia minor I will not ask my fellow driver to vacate the road but rather share the road in a manor that does not threaten them or infringe on their right to safe passage.

Have a better day

Jere

-----Original Message----- From: Oxroad@aol.com [mailto:Oxroad@aol.com] Sent: Sunday, May 22, 2005 11:44 AM To: jghawn@EARTHLINK.NET Cc: vanagon@gerry.vanagon.com Subject: Re: Moving with a Vanagon, cross-country

Jere--

The fact that this kind of selfishness exists in the world doesn't surprise me. What concerns me most is your eagerness to brag about it.

In my opinion you need to reconsider your responsibility in operating an automobile and make some adjustments.

-Jeff

83.5 Westy

LA,CA