Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 May 2005 17:25:00 -0700
From:         Zoltan <zolo@FOXINTERNET.NET>
Subject:      Zoltan: Re: Halifax to Vancouver & back
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

In my opinion, one keeps an eye on all things at all time. For a very long trip one should take small items that if they go would immobilise the van. Mostly electrical, but I would include some hydraulic items too. Even a water pump is not large and heavy. You would have to go through in thought what those items are. Here on the list I don't know if we have an accepted list that one should take for a long trip. I think, we don't have a finally accepted list after all the lamentations and suggestions from all the members. Sometimes, I would like if there was a place in our website where we would have the best of all the suggestions on all the problems written down other than reading through all the postings through the ages. This way we would know what the result of all the input was cristallising in the best answers. Finding the best solutions for the problems immediately without wasting all the time reading so many postings through years. In this case now we would have a small and a long list of items for constant keeping in the car and for the occasional long trips. Mechanics all over the US are looking at a car they never seen before without admitting it and accepting your keys with all the confidence in the world without telling you that they don't have a clue to the problem. But they like the challenges and they will take the job on and they will charge you big time for all the time they spend learning your car. In the process they can do great damage that can not be repared and they will not admit and blame you or VW. So, the best is to take some parts that will keep the car going and take all the tools you would need for all those jobs. The tools should be in the car always anyway, I think. Together with some of those items that can give you a hard time anytime on the road and instead calling around and towing a the likes, you should fix it right there. That's all for today on this. Zoltan ----- Original Message ----- From: "John Rodgers" <inua@CHARTER.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Tuesday, May 31, 2005 3:29 PM Subject: Re: Halifax to Vancouver & back