Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (May 2005, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 31 May 2005 22:52:35 -0400
From:         Joy Hecht <jhecht@ALUM.MIT.EDU>
Subject:      new engine, mechanics in Boulder, CO

Hi all,

Well, I'm finally heading out on the road tomorrow morning, en route to Boulder, only weeks and weeks late!

The new engine is running wonderfully, all the little problems ironed out. Yippee!! Now I've got to make myself drive SLOWLY for 800 miles on Route 80 from here to Colorado!

When I get to Boulder I want to have a few things checked out, mostly related to having put in a new axle too (should have been two, but the vendor sent me the wrong one). Assuming all goes well from here to there, I'll just be in Boulder for a few days - still planning to get to Yellowstone before the hordes hit. (Yeah, I know, WAY too much driving. Lesson number one on fulltiming in a vanagon: don't make any plans that involve other people on a schedule. If it were just me I'd change my plans so as not to travel so fast, but others will get messed up if I do.)

So anyway, I want to get a mechanic lined up to take a look at my van while I'm in Boulder. There are three on Larry's list, with a mix of comments on them. I'm just wondering what listees think - whom would you recommend? The three on Larry's list are:

Indian Peaks Auto, Inc 5757 Arapahoe Ave., D1 Boulder, Colorado 80303 303.413.1163

Report Date: Nov 2003 Verner's Automotive Service 3280 Valmont Rd. Unit D Boulder, Colorado 80301 303.444.8307 VW only

Report Date: Apr 2005 Wolfsburg Autowerks 1001 Lee Hill Rd Boulder Colorado 80302

Suggestions?

Joy