Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 2 Jun 2005 13:06:32 -0600
From:         jimt <camper@TACTICAL-BUS.INFO>
Subject:      Re: Bus Depot Awning

After seeing what has happened with various awnings around the camping world.

I would prefer the type that permanently mount to the side of the van if it is strong Or I would want the flimsy one that just popped loose harmlessly with light weight poles that do no damage. Especially to people on the poles.

Was at an event a couple years ago with about 100 ranging from RV to campers and a bunch of us in conversion vans and vanagons. A good stiff breeze came through with some heavier gusts for about 3 or 4 minutes. You would have thought a tornado had gone through from all the awnings that were all in various states of disassembly or had gone airborne into other people and equipment. Nothing serious in injuries or property though. However I did note that the SUV and conversion van and westy with drive away tent attachments all had them standing with maybe a stake loosened here and there. That was when I ordered my tent instead of an awning.

jimt