Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 5 Jun 2005 13:02:32 -0700
From:         Jack <john.cook58@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: NVC - Camping Tent Problem
Comments: To: John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>

John,

If the tent was stowed when damp, that's practically guaranteed to happen. You didn't mention any attempts at cleaning, but I'd first try scrubbing it inside & out with a strong soap solution (dish soap is pretty safe), then quickly rinsing thoroughly and drying in the sun. Keep turning it inside out & re-spreading the material so that all surfaces get good sun exposure.

This may not be enough. Perhaps someone else can recommend a more effective cleaner or odor remover (baking soda?). As a last ditch effort, you can try rinsing with bleach solutions, very weak at first. After all this, waterproof coatings may be compromised, so you might have to reseal some areas (and retest).

Good luck, Jack