Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 6 Jun 2005 19:10:59 -0400
From:         Jorge Osorio <josorio@ATLAS.KENNESAW.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Archives, the DVD Edition?
Comments: To: Robert Rountree <syncro87@HOTMAIL.COM>

Well it seems that as usual there are two campson this proposal. I did not intend to open a can of worms on the state of the "archive", how to improve it, distill it etc etc. My objective was to use the KISS method. dump the content of the archives (flotsam & jetsam included) along with the search engine on a couple of DVDs charge S&H as to cover the overhead and then let whoever wants a copy get one from a buddy and cover those same costs. I never wanted to pit Canadian Social mindedness with American Uber capitalism. just KISS

PS: This does not mean that the efforts from other list members to improve our common knowledge are not appreciated.

PS2: Speaking of IP (Intellectual Property) Who would legally own the content of the archives? it is collective knowledge so? Question for all those eager lawyers lurking on the list ;-)

Jorge

'85 Wolfsburg Weekender Betsy a.k.a "Plan B"