Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 7 Jun 2005 12:34:51 -0500
Comments:     RFC822 error: <W> MESSAGE-ID field duplicated. Last occurrence
              was retained.
From:         Larry Himli <lhimli@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Update & gas can storage

Hi, I bought my 87 Westy early last year and put alot of dough into it. I had a severe case of vanagon syndrome and was about at wit's end when I found an excellent VW fixer, Mike in Minneapolis. He didn't want to believe the computer was the problem so he tried all kinds of troubleshooting sensors, grounding, AFM fixes but finally replaced the computer ($200 with labor) and I'm back to loving Westies (fourth one but last was twenty years ago). In January I left St. Paul and travelled south and spent time in Arizona and California before joining a bunch of fellow retirees in Laughlin NV for a week of golfing. From there I travelled to Florida and up the east coast and back to Minnesota. Over 12K miles and not a single problem. Cruised along at 70-75 with no effort. Just wanted to let some know that every trip doesn't involve significant problems. I'm about ready to head out again for Glacier and Banff parks for a month of camping, etc. with an old high school buddy. WHERE do folks keep their gas cans? I've seen them strapped to the top luggage area, welcome suggestions. Thanks Larrry