Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 9 Jun 2005 15:34:03 -0400
From:         Roger Sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: 85 AC problems...pressure too high with small amount of
              refrigerant

High side high and low side high indicates :Expansion valve stuck open, excessive moisture or air in system. Hope you kept the vacum pump on for many hours. Using r-12, you probably are using the old CCD expansion valve (origional equipment).I have never found one that still works(I am sure there are some out there).I think you may need a new valve.If you spray liquid freon on the head of the valve , it should fluctuate pressure on your gages.You can also put the sensor bulb in ice and water solution .Got to start it up to do this. 250psi will not bust the system .I dont think you have enough r-12 in the system to have liquid refrigernat going back to the compressor.The compressor ,compresses.Thats all. When it goes bad, it usually compresses less-- given that everything else is ok.Why new hoses? Also make sure the condenser fan is coming on.Check the fuses to the right of the 12 fuse pannel.Also make sure you are using the proper scale on the gages.