Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 11 Jun 2005 19:26:07 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <inua@CHARTER.NET>
Subject:      Re: 'Noher Newbie-'86 Westy - near tragedy on shakedown cruise -
              FIRE!
Comments: To: Aurora Farm <aurora@KOOTENAY.COM>

Woody .... Change ALL the fuel lines NOW!!!!

And replace that stupid plastic fitting through the so-called firewall with a brass or stainless one while the hoses are being replaced.

There are untold numbers of burned VW's - beetles, buses, vanagons - all because of rotted fuel lines.

You have to realize that even the newest Vanagons - 1991 models - are 15 years old. And rubber rots with age.

15 years without replacement is far to long - both for fuel lines and for coolant hoses.

Do yourself a big favor. Change them NOW. Before you make your next trip out of the driveway. You won't be sorry you did, but you might be very sorry if you don't.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver