Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 13 Jun 2005 17:59:48 -0700
From:         Anthony Zygmunt <tzygmunt@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Getting at a bolt
Comments: To: Paul Guzyk <pguzyk@GMAIL.COM>

Mike,

I just did this on my 81 air cooled. I don't have the CA exhaust, but I think the nut you are talking about is on the top stud from the crossover, where mounted to the heat exchanger. How I got to mine was with a 1/4 inch drive socket set. I used a 13mm socket, then a universal, then two extent ions. It was clunky, but it worked.

In my case I could only get one out. The other side was too rusted to grip with a 13mm, and too big for a 12mm. I was replacing the crossover, so I cut it down, until just the flange was left. I then ground out the stud from the back of the flange. Once done, the flange separated from the heat exchanger.

Good luck,

Tony

__________________________________ Discover Yahoo! Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it out! http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html