Vanagon EuroVan
Previous (more recent) messageNext (less recent) messagePrevious (more recent) in topicNext (less recent) in topicPrevious (more recent) by same authorNext (less recent) by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:38:39 -0700
From:         Robert Keezer <warmerwagen@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Continuing saga of symptoms imitating vanagon syndrome--85
              westy
Comments: To: roger sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>

Roger,

my suggestion may help, as I went thru all of the parts you mentioned until I finally looked at the spark plug wires-they were carbon fiber, and you could see the leakage in the dark while the engine was running.

(Carbon fiber wires are junk, and should not be used).

And you could feel the leakage-as I then grabbed a wire and was shocked. If your plug wires are old, or leaking, they can produce symptoms similar to AFM syndrome and the other symptoms you mentioned.

It's common to think it fuel related also, which it can be, particulary something in the tank blocking the outlet, which has happened to me.

If you have changed the AFM and this is still stalling, the other thing that can fail intermittently before going out completely is the coil. Look at the wires first.

Robert

1982 Westfalia 2.0 Golf III powered 5-speed

____________________________________________________ Yahoo! Sports Rekindle the Rivalries. Sign up for Fantasy Football http://football.fantasysports.yahoo.com