Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 18 Jun 2005 10:04:18 -0700
From:         roger sisler <rogersisler2000@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Continuing saga of symptoms imitating vanagon syndrome--85 westy

Hello,I have done most possiable repairs trying to get rid of VS. Cant find it. I have... replaced afm w. another, added a .22 mfd capacitor to this afm, added a ground wire to the afm,swapped ecu,swapped coil,swapped hall control,wiggeled wires,wiggeled ignition switch,checked all over for vacuumn leaks, gapped throttel switch,put a new return spring on the throttle,cleaned out throttle,new air cleaner,idle stabilizeer bypassed and I am sure , more, only I cant remember them right now . These symptoms occur off idle and at mid range.Mostly when very warmed up(20miles).Also, I get stalling when cold, or when it hasent been started in a couple hours.I can cure the hesitation problem by flooring the gas pedel, so I think this is not the ignition switch,or a fuel supply problem.It sounds like a computer related sensor problem--but wont hold an idle in the morning.Maybe I have 2 seperate problems.Just dont know.I can drive locally ok, but when I get on the highway, or drive for a long time , I start getting bucking,and it wont quit,except when I floor it.#@**^)*(YI&*T*%^$#@!! Any ideas? I'll try them all. I think I have a bad afm, but I have swapped it 3 times. 3 bad afms? Only the distributor and wiring between the hall control-dist.- idle stabilizer--and coil,have not been swapped.Thanks, Roger