Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2005, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 15 Jun 2005 10:01:51 -0700
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Fresh air fan enhancements?

We sorted this all out on this list a few years ago. The later heater/airbox has 2 sets of possible hose connection points for the large dash end vents. During the 87 model production they all started coming connected to the set that provides only air that has first passed through the heater core. Before that these vents had a more direct source of outside air with better flow. The early setup did not allow for heat to come out of these dash vents.

I have vans with both types. I prefer the better fresh air of the early type Someday I may change my later model over to use the other port. The hoses that connect to the 2 sets of connections are different sizes and shape so you can't simply just move them to the other ports. You need to get the hoses for the type you prefer.

Mark